5 TIPS TO HELP YOU KEEP YOUR MONEY SAFE
- NEVER give out your account number or passwords.
- NEVER post personal data such as your birth date, addresses or birth dates of loved ones on social media.
- NEVER respond to unsolicited emails or websites that request your personal information. Credit Unions will never send you emails requesting your account number, pin or passwords.
- DESTROY all statements or irrelevant documents relating to your business at the credit union.
- REVIEW your credit union account and statements regularly.
- Keep your electronic devices anti-virus and firewall up-to-date.
- Beware of phishing. Do not click any unfamiliar links or emails. Fraudsters may be trying to steal your confidential information.
- Before you make a purchase ensure the website is secure. Look for a lock icon
- Do not SAVE your Onyx VISA Debit Card information in your emails.
- Change passwords regularly.